Click here to view general comments for a specific hospital:
- » Children waiting up to five years for eye care (23-03-2016)
- » ED nurses to be balloted on industrial action (04-11-2015)
- » 7,700+ patients on trolleys during May (12-06-2015)
- » ED patients 'will die' due to overcrowding (06-01-2015)
- » Root causes of self-harm must be tackled (09-10-2014)
- » Revamp planned for non-hospital care (08-10-2014)
- » HSE figs 'confirm patients are suffering' (24-09-2014)
- » Irish drinking well above OECD average (02-07-2014)
- » Shock report on mental care suicides (24-06-2014)
- » Medical card policy - then and now (17-06-2014)
- » Govt approves scheme to return cards (17-06-2014)
- » PAC chair wants health chiefs to resign (12-06-2014)
- » HSE had surplus of €31m last year (12-06-2014)
- » Govt halts medical card reviews (29-05-2014)
- » Medical card cut plan hits legal snag (29-05-2014)
- » Cancer patients hit by medical card cuts (19-05-2014)
- » Waiting lists on upward spiral again (15-04-2014)
- » HSE says €1.6m in top ups should end (14-04-2014)
- » HSE may outsource admin work (06-04-2014)
- » Finance control issues at homecare firm (03-04-2014)
- » HSE ultimatum on private practice (31-03-2014)
- » Health now 'doing less with less' (31-03-2014)
- » Shock findings in HSE agency audit (19-02-2014)
- » Two hospitals face fines over top-ups (14-02-2014)
- » Patients taken off waiting list 'in error' (13-02-2014)
- » Hospital filled CEO post without approval (04-02-2014)
- » Hospitals facing massive cuts (31-01-2014)
- » Service will struggle to meet demands-HSE (14-01-2014)
- » Cancer hospital chiefs got charity top-ups (09-01-2014)
- » Vincent's CEO gets nearly €300,000 (24-12-2013)
- » St Vincent's still tight-lipped on top-ups (20-12-2013)
- » HSE targets €1bn in cuts/savings (18-12-2013)
- » Ex-CRC chief got lump sum from charity (11-12-2013)
- » HSE denies it knew about CRC top-ups (03-12-2013)
- » Holles St not pay compliant - HSE (27-11-2013)
- » 'Pay compliance pledges not valid' (27-11-2013)
- » Savita hospital defends record (18-11-2013)
- » Hospitals say cuts threaten patients (06-11-2013)
- » New drug cost-cutting scheme (01-11-2013)
- » HSE promises better info on medical cards (30-10-2013)
- » HSE denies medical card cull (30-10-2013)
- » €200m HSE bail-out now likely (23-10-2013)
- » HSE, Minister defend medical card system (17-10-2013)
- » Massive health cuts in 2014 (15-10-2013)
- » UHG and national maternity care slammed (09-10-2013)
- » IMO agrees to re-enter talks on doc strike (09-10-2013)
- » Junior doc strike hits services (08-10-2013)
- » Emergency patients face strike delays (08-10-2013)
- » Hospitals face cuts under shift sanctions (02-10-2013)
- » Doctor strike now almost inevitable (02-10-2013)
Below are the latest general comments as posted by people who have completed the online survey.
My daughter attended Clane for her procedure recently. I cannot praise this hospital enough from the spotless rooms to the nursing care, both on the ward and when she went to theatre. Free parking was also a bonus as I didn't have to worry about parking tickets etc...
|This user's rating:||100%|
I would never go into this hospital again. The nurses are a very rude and don't care. When I contracted a vomiting bug, instead or treating me, they couldn't get me out the door fast enough. I cannot believe that place is called a hospital.
|This user's rating:||26%|
No one wants to be in hospital but if you must go in l trust the doctors who have treated me in Tallaght hospital and the nurses. I am very grateful to ALL the medical stall who have helped and looked after me the past five years. They are kind, listen to me and treat me with dignity and respect. As one gets older l am not as brave as l was when l was younger. These very caring professionals deserve medals each and every one of them. 😊 Thank you so much.
|This user's rating:||87%|
Rude racist nurses, different treatment for local accent patients.
|This user's rating:||60%|
The nurses work long hours but still give you full care and attention and have my full admiration.
|This user's rating:||99%|
I waited 11 hours in A&E to be told there was no gynocology department/doctor in the hospital and they didn't know how to treat me. Was then told (after they rang the Rotunda) that it was not an emergency even though I had no examination so the doctor did not know what she was describing to doctors at the Rotunda. I was sent home with an undiagnosed infection which was picked up by staff in the Well Woman clinic an hour later. The infection would have been immediately obvious had I been examined and urgent care was needed!
|This user's rating:||35%|
The doctor explained my diagnosis and condition in a very empathetic way, she took the time to allow me ask any questions and then the MS nurse was so understanding and of great help. I cannot praise them or the level of service I received enough.
|This user's rating:||94%|
Very, very poor overall. Am type 1 diabetic and was fasting from midnight due to a planned procedurefor 8am. Didn't get in to theatre until almost 2pm and nobody was interested in giving answers to why I was left for so long. Didn't seem to care I was diabetic. No one would even hook me up with a drip or anything to keep blood sugars at proper level. Eventually, I said I was going to leave unless the procedure was performed and only then did staff get their finger out. I was a private patient which didn't seem to make any difference!The place seemed to have nobody in charge or managing the ward or anything else for that matter. I will not go back there unless completely necessary.
|This user's rating:||32%|
Absolutely horrible. Second time having a procedure done and will never go back. Had a procedure and ended up vomiting throughout. Was not sedated correctly for the procedure, I was dizzy, but felt everything, wincing and jumping throughout. I waited three years for the procedure itself. Was given a serious diagnosis which was not explained to me. Had a another procedure done and was not correctly sedated for this either. I had to scream at the staff in pain for some anaesthetic. The aftercare was atrocious. As though I were invisible. Most of the staff are very rude and abrupt. A&E waiting time is ridiculous. Having presented myself doubled over I was brought into a room to be kept overnight on a plastic chair. I will never go bask here and urge anyone who needs proper treatment to seek it elsewhere.
|This user's rating:||33%|
Psychiatric hospital in Kilkenny is terrible.
|This user's rating:||38%|